Sunday, April 29, 2007

Biotech Chemicals and Maritime

Biotech
Chemicals
Maritime

Did you know that these above fields are occupation options to choose from in describing one's self on Blogger? I find this extremely weird. Along with the standards like "accounting, education and marketing" are those bizarre options above. I don't mean to offend here, I'm simply naive I guess. I didn't even know what maritime was referring to (anything relating to the sea apparently). So does that include a cruise director as well as coral reef preservationist? And how many people work in chemicals? That scares the hell out of me to think there are enough people in a chemicals field to warrant their own category. "Biotech?" Uh, alright.

Equally strange is that "Entertainment" is not a category. I don't think "Health" of "Fitness" are either. "Pet Care" is definitely not an option. And so I am not sure what career to choose for my profile besides "not specified."

I have spent a good chunk of my life OBSESSED with careers so it is interesting to me that biotech, chemicals and maritime are ones I have never even known existed. And if those are options then why aren't careers like beauty? There are millions of manicurists out there pissed off because fashion has it's own category! And what about people working in cremation and funeral services? Where's their frigging category!??! The possibilities are endless here!

No comments: