Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wordaholic

I have gotten myself into a bit of trouble here. No, I'm not pregnant with another man's child but it's almost as damaging...I'm addicted to wordaholic.

Wordaholic is a game I found while looking at Yahoo from my phone. I can't find it online from the computer actually so it must have a different name. Weird, I know. Anyway, I'm obsessed with it which is why it is called wordaholic. I must not be the only one who's fallen so hard. Basically there are 4 words listed and then you start making new words out of each. Here's an example...

Eyeball:
eye
ball
bye
yell
lye

Ooh, oh, here's another example!

Benefited:
fit
been
teen
fiend
bend
tend
den
dent

And so on and so on! Oh god, I cannot stop!!!!

Apparently there are at least 60 words you can make from the single word "benefited." Who knew? Not me. But now that I do it is all I think about. WARNING!!! Do not play this game right before bed. Two nights now I have not been able to sleep soundly because my brain is way too occupied with generating more words. And oddly enough I seem to come up with more when I'm not looking at the word. Now I'm even looking at signs on the street and changing those words into others. Ahhh!

There are worse addictions, this if for sure. But give me just a little more time and I'm certain I can provoke the need for therapy with this incessant need for wordaholic. Hmmm, wait a minute...

Wordaholic:
word
hoard
draw
cow
car...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about this game. Playing it before bed will turn your sweet dreams into nightmares. Letters chased me all over the place. LOL!

turtletrain said...

I too love playing Wordaholic because I am an insomniac. Who removed the game and why? Please give your fans back the study of the human vocabulary in the race to beat out the competition!