Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Director Needs To Yell, "That's A Wrap."

I've lost something extremely valuable:  I've lost the pregnancy glow.    

It doesn't matter who you are, all preggies are cute--no, adorable!--early on.  I just saw a picture online of a friend who is newly pregnant and, boy oh boy, does she look wonderful.  First of all, her clothes fit.  Secondly, they are truly her clothes and not her husband's oversize shirts, pants and socks.  And lastly, she's got this yum yum little bump in the front unlike me who's sporting a belly the size of a Winnebago camper.  Oh and lastly lastly--but perhaps most importantly--she looks rested.  No wait, lastly lastly lastly--and also importantly--she is out enjoying interaction with others because her body girth/pain doesn't inhibit her ability to navigate the world!    

What a hooker.  I'm missing those days terribly!  

My only consolation is that I'm on the tail end of this affliction (er, I mean condition) and soon will be wrapping this journey up.  That's what folks keep telling me anyway.  For all I know I could be stuck in some Hitchcock movie where one NEVER gives birth, only expands as the child matures within the womb.  14 years from now I'll really be the size of that Winnebago and toting my teenager to pre-calculus (which would suck because math is not my forte).  

Reading over the above, it's clear I'm a little delirious from sleep deprivation.     

No comments: