Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The High Seas

A few months back, my in-laws treated us to a glider.  What is a glider?  Well let me tell you!  A glider is like a rocking chair only it glides forward and back as opposed to forward down and upward back.  Make sense?  Hope so.  Apparently this is a standard piece of nursery furniture--as essential as a crib (or so I've been told by many mommies).  There is also a rocking footrest.  It will be handy when Baby Jarcy is screaming and needs to be soothed or screaming and needs to be fed (again what I've been told by many mommies). 

Well Baby hasn't arrived yet but I have already begun his rocking...er gliding.  It's the only piece of furniture that doesn't get uncomfortable for my large everything and I was hoping it would soothe my extremely active fetus.  At 6am when I am awake from said active fetus, I go sit in the chair, glide along and then go back to bed for a few hours.  

And now the downside of the essential gliding chair...  I get motion sickness from it.  

Apparently I glided a little too long the other day because once I laid my head down to go back to sleep I could not shake the feeling that I was still gliding.  And then I remembered the reason why I don't especially like roller coasters.  Oh yeah, and that I'm prone to sea sickness (although I like that much better than roller coasters).  

No comments: