Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting A Little Desperate

So we're still humming along here in super duper huge pregnancy mode.  Last night I went to a family dinner at Blackbird which is a very nice restaurant here in Chicago.  We were all concerned the sitting might be too uncomfortable for my sausage leg and camper-sized belly but I still went.  And we were right, it was too much and I was extremely uncomfortable.  I'm still glad I went though.  At least I was until I met a staff member there who is due Feb. 27 and barely looked like one with child.  AHHH!  She had no sausage legs whatsoever.  In fact, her feet were in fun heeled boots.  And her belly showed little signs of her third trimester status--she just looked like Blackbird fed her a big meal for lunch.  Oh well, we can't all make pregnancy look this extreme, now can we?   

Then I came home and took some Sudafed for my never-ending preggo congestion.  And guess what?  I had an allergic reaction to it.  I sat up until 4am and itched all over.  And since I didn't realize the Sudafed and itching were related, I took another one at 7am.  Idiot!  Yes, itching commenced once again only this time I was wise enough to put two and two together.  We can now cross Sudafed off the list of congestion busters.  As a result, I've slept very little (and getting quite good at it).  The only thing that works is Afrin nasal spray but you can't take it for more than 3 days.  Now I feel like I'm in rehab for my dependency on it and think about it all the time.  Ah, sweet little Afrin bottle!  Maybe just one little spritz in the nostril won't hurt!  I won't tell Mr. Jarcy if you won't, it can be our secret...  


No comments: