Sunday, July 11, 2010

Calm After The Orbs


You'll be happy to know The Boy and his mother are just fine after their bizarre, somewhat paranormal night last night.  I am, however, wondering if we just had another damn earthquake.  This building rocks a little bit if someone walks down the hall a little too forcefully though so who knows.  Ah, life in L.A...it definitely keeps you on your toes!

On a completely unrelated note, The Boy has a new toy.  It's a fire engine!  How fun is that?  For him this is very fun.  Here he is posing on his new prize.  He won it for being so darn cute.  

My mother will read this and think, "Why doesn't that kid have clothes on?  He's never clothed!"  She's right.  Sorry, mom.  Sometimes (most of the day) it's just easier this way.  I promise we dress him to leave the house (most of the time).  Tonight we dressed him just to go outside and walk on some grass in front of another apartment building.  The poor kid is terribly undergrassprivileged (add that to Urban Dictionary, go ahead).  I lay awake at night wondering how I can afford him a yard.  I really do.  Ah, life as a parent with unstable/unpredictable career aspirations living in L.A....it definitely keeps you on your toes!    

Alright, I better go mentally prepare myself for the toddler gym class tomorrow morning (that crabby instructor annoys me) and then head to bed.  Dreams of cushy writing gigs and even cushier sod awaits...(it definitely keeps you on your toes!)

No comments: