Saturday, July 10, 2010

Spooked In Studio City

Something weird happened tonight.  I put The Most Amazing Boy To Ever Live to bed a little while ago.  He usually plays and tosses and turns a bit before falling asleep.  I usually go into my bedroom and watch him on the video monitor until he falls asleep.  Well tonight I've been noticing all these orbs of lights flashing around him.  WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?  I've never noticed them before and that is not part of the "Usually" routine.  The shades are drawn and the room is relatively dark.  The TV is on outside his room and the door is cracked but I have never, never, never noticed light balls dancing around the room.  He seemed to notice it as well and eventually cried.  I went in there, held him, announced out loud to leave The Most Amazing Boy To Ever Live alone and then changed his diaper.  And the whole time I was changing him he kept looking up over my head and even pointed at something up above and babbled out in his baby talk what it was.  Since we don't speak the same language I have no idea what he said (although I still asked him "What?").   And that was really freaky!  Then I held him some more, we both calmed down and I put him down again.  The door isn't closed as much this time and, knock on wood, I'm not noticing these little orbs of light any more.  He seems to be falling asleep.

I'm trying to stay calm but WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?  Seriously, what was that?  It was odd.  I don't want it to happen again, I'm too spooked!  And when he pointed...THAT WAS FREAKY!  Usually he's pointing out the hummingbird at the feeder on our balcony or a fire engine blazing down the street...not something invisible to me in the darkness!  Again, not part of the "Usually" routine!  I don't want to stray from the routine!!! 

Yeah, I'm spooked.  And yet glued to this damn video monitor now.  Mr. Jarcy is not here to talk me off the ledge.  I may have to make Mr. Jarcy stay awake and on guard all night so The Boy and I can rest.  I just might do that.  It's settled, he'll be doing that.  

2 comments:

Mrs. Jarcy said...

Oh great. And I look over to the cat sleeping next to me on the bed and she's asleep with her eyes open. Talk about freaky! Enough already!

Heather Hart said...

Babies and animals are much more tuned to those vibrations to those of us who have been conditioned to ignore them. This is why they are so scary when we DO encounter them. Could have been the level of alignment you were both feeling when you put him to bed that allowed you to even see whatever it was.

By the way, your son is very handsome.