Friday, July 16, 2010

How About Team Jedward Or Edcob?

As I mentioned on Wednesday's post, I go to the movies by myself.  Well, technically I just did it for the first time in years on Tuesday.  Since I have now done it more than once in life I feel I can state that it is something I do.  A stranger will ask, "Mrs. Jarcy, what do you do for fun?" and I will confidently reply, "I sleep, peruse TMZ's website hourly and drink wine any chance I get.  Oh yeah, and I go to movies alone!"

All kidding aside (fine, we both know the above isn't a joke but whatever), when is the last time you went to the movies alone?  It feels good!  What are you waiting for?!  Go for it!  Get that tub of popcorn and diet coke for $45 and let the good times on the big silver screen roll!

I saw Eclipse, the latest Twilight movie.  I was a tad self conscious about going by myself but once in the theater spied a slew of older and solo men which immediately made me feel more secure.  A gaggle of tween girls chattering throughout sat directly behind me.  At first terribly annoying, I soon realized the movie was too silly and soap opera-ish to take seriously and began to enjoy the altered version their commentary provided--  "OH MY GOD HIS SHIRT IS OFF!  SQUEEEAAAAALLLL!  HE'S SO HOT!"  My inner tween giggled with delight as did those of all the other adults.  It was too much fun!

I used to accrue frequent flyer miles from work.  Then I moved on to amassing a fortune in Pampers rewards (no end in sight with that one).  Now I'm working on Arclight Theater points.  My how life evolves... Now seriously, go buy a ticket for ONE and give yourself the gift of 3 hours of mindless fun!  You'll thank me for it.    

No comments: