Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Elephant, I Hate You


See these blankets with heads?  At first I had no idea what they were because they come all bunched up.  (Do I hang them on his nursery walls?  Why is there no explanation written on the damn tag?)  But luckily The Boy is much smarter than his mother and began using them as soothing blankies.  Giraffe is his favorite.  Sometimes he holds onto two at a time and Giraffe is always one of them.  Puppy and Chick will do when Giraffe is not available.  There's a whole pecking order with these things which brings me to Elephant...

The Boy hates Elephant.  

I don't know what Elephant did to this toddler but he does not like him at all.  I give him Elephant, he tosses him aside.  I hand him Elephant again and he hurls him across the room.  Ouch!  Isn't he like all the other blankets?!  To The Boy the answer is no.  Maybe I'll take Elephant.  Mommy could use a soft little blankie to comfort her every now and then.

No comments: