Sunday, March 21, 2010

Payback Was Immediate!

So in my last post I was elated that The Boy had been keeping himself occupied for 40 minutes in his crib after napping.  He likes to play in there for a bit on his own and we're happy to oblige.  I had left him in there with a sturdy baby book, his beloved blankie and a toy caterpillar.  The blankie and caterpillar are regulars on the nap circuit, the book is a newcomer.  He loves looking at his books so I thought it would be a harmless and welcome addition.

I was wrong.



He ate the end of his book!!!  To make matters worse, I had been watching him on this the entire time and never once picked up on the snacking going on.


We paid good money for this video baby monitor and use it constantly even though our apartment is no bigger than 750 square feet.  The thing on the left propped up against the crib is the old futon we used to sleep on and have nowhere to store it as we live in less than 750 square feet.  We watched him play with caterpillar, READ the book, try to put his socks back on (that was really really cute) but NOT ONCE did we see him EAT the end of the book.  Unbelievable!  Mom guilt is intense after an episode such as this.  I feel like a total loser mommy as a result.  I let him eat his book!  I let him eat his book!  Why don't you just toss steak knives in there next nap time, Mrs. Jarcy!  Moms are supposed to know this shit just like they know the difference between a pack-n-play and a play pen!  Seriously.  

Note to self:  No more books in bed for The Boy.  Not until he's 12 and can be trusted to snack on something else.  

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Maybe he didn't like the book. Try Good Night Moon. -- Jacob :p