Thursday, March 18, 2010

Early Evening Routine With Mrs. Jarcy

The Boy is asleep.  It's nap time.  And now approaching 4:30pm.  Do I wake him so he'll sleep at night or do I let him sleep so he'll sleep at night?  Wait a minute, it makes no difference what I decide because he'll either sleep or not sleep tonight based on what HE decides.  For a moment I forgot that we are the ones sleep-trained, not him.  Sorry, Boy.

So what can I decide...  Should I have a coffee or a glass of wine?  Hmmm, well if I have a coffee then I can have a wine later.  If I have wine now then I should probably hold off and not have more.  Or just have more much later.  But maybe I should take him outside and run him since he's a Labrador in baby's clothing.  Yes, so a coffee it is.  Wine, you're on deck.

Coffee homemade or coffee bought at the cafe around the corner?  If I want coffee from the cafe I have to wait for The Boy to wake.  Or I can just make some here, this is why we have a coffee maker, after all.  But then if I start it up he's sure to wake up!  Wait, is that what I wanted to happen anyway?  I can't remember.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So funny...I love that "wine, you're on deck"! What a tight ship you run!!