Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A childhood friend passed away last weekend.  We had just reconnected a month ago after many years out of touch and I was thrilled.  He was so sweet in his emails and I felt like a swooning teenager.  He wrote of his future plans.  A girlfriend of mine and I have often wondered what had become of him and now I was getting to find out AND being generously complimented.  Well, I felt special.  Did he know how good that made me feel while in this hugely pregnant and life-changing state?  Probably not.  Did I make him feel special too?  I hope so, even if for just a moment.  I wish life was different and it's too late.  I hate that.  There's so much I didn't seem to know and if I had maybe I could have helped?      

Where ever you are, friend, I pray you have found the peace you didn't seem to have here.  You deserve that.  And thank you for giving me something I truly needed before you left.   

No comments: