Friday, December 26, 2008

Well, It Never Gets Boring

Hello!  Happy Friday all...ooh, it's 11:11 so make a wish!

Every week or so some new pregnancy ailment/challenge/quirk presents itself.  Past ailments have included the inability to drink plain water (that was during the first 4 months), super painful hip sockets and, of course, the ever present and popular too low blood pressure.  

This week's issue has been nose congestion and bleeding.  I had read in the expectant mother's guide book that this might happen, however, it didn't seem to affect me.  No two pregnant woman are the same.  In fact, not every pregnancy is the same.  Each pregnancy is like a snowflake--different, unique.  So I thought I had avoided this congestion/stuffiness thing just like I have dodged heartburn (thank you Goddess above!).  Nope, no nose problems for me-- that is, until now.  Out of nowhere I've been afflicted with stuffiness that I can't blow out.  When I do blow it out--which seems to be mostly in the middle of the night when one should be sleeping--it is bloody.  

Gross, I know but I can't help but share.  It's all very fascinating to me (and by fascinating I mean fascinating yet extremely annoying and trying).  So I will continue to use my neti pot (that's also kinda gross and I'll spare the details), run my humidifier...and wake up every 90 minutes to blow my nose.  And I guess I'll be thankful I didn't have to deal with this until well into the 8th month.  My only hope is that it does leave my body at some point with Baby Jarcy.  
And now it is time to put a hot water bottle on those ouchie hips...(hilarious).  

No comments: