Saturday, December 6, 2008

Preparing To Go "Live"


"It's snowing, my hair is poofy AND we got up for nothin?  
Well, let's put this blanket and pillows back in the car.  Grrr." 

Mr. Jarcy and I were signed up for a day long prepared childbirth class at the hospital.  I'm not sure if I have discussed my feelings on the whole experience yet but if I haven't let me tell you-- I'M TERRIFIED!  I didn't necessarily want to attend a day long class on a Saturday but I did want to feel prepared.  We showed up at 8:30am only to be informed that the instructor had just called and cancelled the day.  How do you cancel a childbirth class???  Can't there be someone on deck to fill in?  It's not like we were simply discussing our picks for the Superbowl, this was kind of an essential class.  So needless to say, we are anything but prepared.  Sure, I have a book on birthing and everyone tells me my yoga training will come in handy but I'm still not set the way I'd like.  We're into week 31 of pregnancy (you're supposed to take them between weeks 28 and 35), other classes are full and it's the holidays...time is not on our side here.  

Anyone an expert on birthing a baby?  Right now I'm thinking I'll just try to read "Twilight" through each contraction... 


No comments: