Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Boobs Took A Class

Hello!

I went to a class on breastfeeding tonight at the hospital.  3 videos, some discussion time and 2  and a 1/2 hours later, I feel I at least know the difference between a "good latch" and "breast compressions."  Yeesh.  How well I actually achieve these tasks is yet to be seen.  But I hired the doula to help me with all of this stuff and so if I fail it is strictly on her shoulders.  :-)

Remember last weekend when our childbirth class was cancelled?  Well guess what?!  It was NOT cancelled!  I met this other couple at class this evening and they had attended!  They are now prepared for childbirth.  And I am not.  They said they were told to go to several different locations before finding the correct room but it did indeed take place.  I called the contact woman to let her know this runaround is not what a super pregnant woman needs but I'm pretty sure she'll continue her unprofessionalism and not return the call.  Growl.  

No comments: