Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Get Higher Baby

Merry Christmas!  

If you don't celebrate Christmas then I say to you Happy Wednesday!  (It's Wednesday right?  I get easily confused these days.)  Mr. Jarcy and I are headed to the burbs to celebrate with our families over the next few days.  I have a feeling that the running theme with gifts from both families will revolve around Fetus (soon to be Baby) Jarcy.  

While the next two days will be out of the ordinary--you know with the whole bingeing and gift giving deal--there is one daily task that I will not be delineating from...

drinking copious amounts of Gatorade.  

Have I mentioned this before?  Oh, I'm sure I have and some day I'll add links to past posts (refer back to above reference to confusion).  Anyway, I have to drink a lot of Gatorade so that I can keep my blood pressure up.  It helps retain all the salt our bodies usually excrete when we drink just water.  Most people benefit from this as they don't need their blood pressure highered.  In fact, I'm not even sure "highered" is a word.  But lowered is a word and I know this because blogger doesn't correct me for that word like it does for "highered."  (Mr. Jarcy says the correct wording would be "raised" but to keep up with my bit.)  And since I need the pressure highered--or at least retained above 80/50-- I eat stuff that has salt, drink very little to absolutely no water and consume no less than 8 Gatorades a day.  In fact, I drink anywhere between 1 and 3 Gatorades during the night when most people just sleep and occasionally pee.  Weird huh?  Yep, I think so too.   

But it works and for that I am ever so grateful!  To not feel the need to pass out is incredible and I'll never take it for granted again.  (I know that's weird too.)  So what if I have to carry an 8-pack of Gatorade with me when I leave the home!  If it works, I gotta just do it.  

And with that, my 8-pack and I are on our way out the door.  Happy Holidays all you lovelies!  

No comments: