Monday, December 1, 2008

You Kicked My Bladder, Kid. And Now My Lung...

After a night of sleep, I am worn out.  Let me explain...

REASON 1:
My hips are spreading.  And it hurts.  Bad.  I know, pleasant huh?  Oy.  I am lucky in that it doesn't hurt all day and I'm able to function (you know, when not experiencing fainting spells).  But the night time is another story.  Preggos are only supposed to sleep on their sides--preferably their left sides--and my hips are in excruciating pain as a result.  I gotta get back to my massage therapist pronto.  And perhaps I need to increase his hours.  Yep.  So anyway, when I am most tired and in need of rest this hip pain kicks in and makes it quite difficult.  I get up in the middle of the night and walk around.  And squat.  Lots of the squatting position all over my house.  I look like a toddler trying not to pee his pants or something.  Good thing it's dark and nobody's watching.  

REASON 2:
I am encased in this pillow empire on my bed.  I bought a maternity pillow which is like two full body pillows attached at one end with another pillow.  Horseshoe shape and curvy in some places to accommodate my massive belly.  I also have 3 other pillows--one to help prop me up a bit, one between my legs (supposed to help the hip pain but doesn't) and one that alternates either supporting me in front or in back.  As ridiculous as this sounds it does all help me...until I get to sunken into the cocoon and I get trapped.  Poor Mr. Jarcy is barely on the bed already and then he has to pull me out before I go nuts. 

REASON 3:
After 28 weeks of pregnancy, women are supposed to make a special time each day to lay down and count the number of times their fetus kicks.  It's important to feel movement at least 10 times within an hour.  I, however, do not need to make the special sit down time because this kid rarely stops moving!  I'm not kidding, he goes through spurts where he is either pushing, jabbing, kicking or rearranging his entire body nonstop.  Sometimes this hurts.  Bad.  You get to the point though where you're so grateful he's so active.  While I am already sleep deprived I luckily find it funny.  Mostly.     

I apologize if I've already posted this stuff before...this is my life these days and it is all very overwhelming at times.  





No comments: