Monday, December 15, 2008

I Am Part Sci-Fi Nerd

Sleeping is not the easiest for me these days.  I slept through the night two nights ago--with no hip pain thanks to my newly acquired and terribly expensive memory foam mattress topper--but last night was another story.  For reasons unknown to me, I can only sleep on my left side now.  Pregnant women are instructed to sleep on their side anyway, but most seem to have the option of one or the other.  I too had this option until recently.  Unfortunately, now if I lay on my right side my heart starts to race and I begin my whole fainting spell dance.  

HAHAHAHAHA!  Seriously, you have to laugh at this stuff!  The body is so weird.  

So I got up today at 5am and read about labor, delivery and life once Baby Jarcy is squirming in my arms and no longer in my belly.  I might as well get used to being up early in the morning anyway so I didn't get upset.  

And then something wonderful happened...

I turned on the TV and realized "Angel" is on at 6am on TNT.  I was hoping for a "Law & Order" but this was way better, I hit the mother load!  I am such a nerd for Buffy and Angel shows.  And then something even better--I noticed that the kid who had played Angel's son Conner is now a character on "Mad Men."  WOW!  

I cannot tell you how thrilling this seemed to be at 6:12am.  I even woke up Mr. Jarcy to tell him the news.  And God love him, he was very happy for me.  

I wonder if watching old "Angel" reruns could keep me occupied well enough to reach 10 cm dilated when I'm in labor....

No comments: