Friday, December 5, 2008

Poundage

I weighed 5 lbs 4 oz when I was born.

I weighed 86 lbs when I entered 7th grade.  

I weighed 106 lbs at the end of 7th grade by experiencing a 2-inch growth spurt and quitting my intensive gymnastics training. 

I have gained more than 40 lbs from pregnancy.  I still have a few months to go so its safe to say that number will be climbing at least another 10 lbs.  I will have added over a third of my body's normal weight in the last 9 months.  

Woah.  Um, that's a lot of weight!  Yeah, I want to be skinny and all that but my immediate concerns have been more about keeping my balance and navigating winter with all this extra padding.  Thank god I've been given somewhat of a break in the vanity department lately.  Plus, everyone seems to give you the pregnancy excuse and only encourage me to consume as much as possible.  

No comments: