Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stirred

It has been snowing outside for hours now.  There is already snow and ice covering the streets and sidewalks.  Chicago made the brilliant decision to not plow side streets so my car is buried.  I'm too pregnant to leave the house without a chaperon in these conditions.  Feel sorry for me, please.  

So I'm kinda stir crazy.  As a result:
  • I just put my hair in pig tails. 
  • I put on a ton of make-up.  Play time I guess. 
  • I've sorted the laundry a few times (you have to walk outside to get to the machines and that's where I'm stuck).
  • All the bills are paid--even ones that haven't shown up in the mail that I looked up online.
  • I can't go buy my remaining Christmas gifts.  I feel guilty.
  • I wish I had cash to hail a cab to these stores so I could stop feeling guilty.
  • I would still have to navigate the snow covered outdoors and I'm feeling nervous about that.
  • I feel guilty about the gifts not purchased but not enough to jeopardize the trip outside.
  • I'm ready for Mr. Jarcy to come home.
  • I hope Mr. Jarcy isn't too frightened by my appearance when he arrives.
  • I'm thinking of naming my baby Freddy after Freddy Mercury. 
  • I'm blasting Guns N' Roses song "My Michelle" which is not very warm or fuzzy.
I think that about covers it for now.  


No comments: