Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Buzz Kill Mommy

Today I am an evil mother.

For some reason, I figured The Boy should eat a lunch.  He mashed it up into little pieces and then screamed when I took it away.  Then I made him another and entirely different lunch for him to eat later. God, I'm horrible!

For some reason, I figured The Boy launching himself from a table onto the couch with a can of cat food in his hand could be dangerous.  Before I could grab him he did just that and then screamed at me when he wasn't allowed a repeat performance.  Apparently he meant to hit his head with the stupid can for I got more tears than that experience.

For some reason, I figured The Boy should nap.  These 5pm nap deals aren't working for me as they mean he's up until 11pm.  He doesn't seem to realize that I'm considered an old mommy.  A mommy who is losing her own inner night owl because she's nearing 40.  I'm getting so old that I'll probably ask for dinner out at the local hospital cafeteria by 4:30pm next time an anniversary rolls around.  So now he's screaming at me again and I'm considering Meals On Wheels.

Like I said....evil.  Maybe I should be sent off to the hotel down the street as punishment.  A timeout, if you will.  A day/night long timeout.  A timeout that involves that god awful heated pool and even more god awful outdoor bar.  Yes, that kind of timeout is definitely in order.  Because I've been behaving real badly.  So I should go take that timeout.  Probably until The Boy is done with the latest round of teething...

No comments: