Monday, June 21, 2010

Daily Ritual


The Boy decided 40 minutes was all he could handle of me and the huge ball we brought with us to the park.  He grunted at me which is what he does when he doesn't feel like doing what I want.  He sounds like a crotchety old man, like he's channeling Archie Bunker.  So I sat while he scanned the grounds in search of someone/something more interesting.  I let him wander just far enough away to feel like he was there alone but still within ear shot so I could yell out those other interesting things.  "Look, Boy, an airplane!  Look, Boy, there's a dog!  Look, Boy, a big stick!"  

On a side note, why is there always some overly cuddly couple being overly cuddly and couply at parks?  They're usually between the ages of 17 and 23 and it is extremely uncomfortable for the other park goers.  I had to steer The Boy away from some lovebirds a few times today.  They made a lovebird burrito with their blanket and bodies and it felt like we intruding on their private space.  I felt like yelling, "Figure out when your parents aren't home and then do this burrito thing there!"  

No comments: