Monday, June 14, 2010

Toddler Texting

"Okay, so I've had my bath and now before reading 'Goodnight Gorilla' 37 times and then bedtime I have got to reply to some of these texts!"

The Boy has two toy phones and he plays with them when riding in the car. But he's no dummy and knows that they're not real. He prefers the real deal. There have been plenty of times when I've thought it was safe for him to play with my phone (It's on lock mode, he can't do anything) and then he's called folks and replied to texts ("Mrs. Jarcy, why are you calling me from your cell when we're already talking on your land line?"). So now he has my old phone as his very own. He manages to get the automated Verizon lady to instruct him how to place an actual call and I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow succeeds even though it's no longer on the Jarcy phone plan. He also has a set of keys to my parents' house because plastic, toy keys are for babies and he is no baby. He gives me this look like, Geez why don't you swaddle me up and stuff strained peas down my throat if you think those toy keys are age appropriate!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

PJ LOVES Goodnight Gorilla, too!!! Is yours duck taped like ours?