Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hip Squared

Mrs. Jarcy's long ago headshot attempt at looking hip (emphasis on the word "attempt").  
You can tell from the awkward smile it didn't resonate within.    

You know those mommies who are just as hip as they were before they had kids?  They still pull together fabulous outfits from "pieces" they've gotten over the years from Anthropologie, American Apparrel and Target.  They've got one hand holding a sippy cup while the other is downloading the latest music from the latest yet to break out big bands.  They drink green veggie smoothies NOT infused with fruit juice to make them tolerable to drink.

I am so not one of those mommies.

I'm wearing whatever my younger sister has passed on to me.  Or that I find at Target for $9.  Or that fits.  I'm holding a sippy cup in one hand while the other is queuing up a medley of Little River Band, Hall & Oats and Justin Timberlake (yes, years later he's bringing the Sexy Back for me).  I can ONLY drink the green smoothies if the good-for-you-green is diluted with the bad-for-you-sugary-fruit-juice.  Even then I'll just prefer a bucket's worth of coffee (wait, that might make me very hip).

Overall, I have no idea who is hot, what is cool or where it's at.

But I don't think I ever was.  I mean, I almost purchased tickets to a Doobie Brothers concert recently for God's sake!  Yeah, I'm way uncool.

No comments: