Sunday, June 27, 2010

Won't Back Down

"I guess my mommy really wanted to ride that train!"

(queue Tom Petty's "Won't Back Down")...

We just got home from the Farmer's Market.  It was supposed to be a relaxing outing with The Boy.  Well, after a verbal altercation with some a-hole parents I wouldn't be surprised if I get banned from the kids' section all together.

It wasn't my fault though, it was them, those a-hole parents!

Mr. Jarcy, The Boy and I stood in line for this train ride (really a cart pretending to be a train).  The train takes parents and little ones around the market, does some crazy eights in a parking lot and then loops past the CBS studios.  The kids love it and the parents get a moment to just sit.  We stood in line for a long time.  We also were second in line.  SECOND!  The train came back after what seemed like an eternity when all of a sudden these other parents opened up the line ropes and bum-rushed the damn train!  Mr. Jarcy and I stood there in shock.  And then I lost it.

MRS. JARCY:  Woah, wait a minute!  How is it we were second in line and now there's no seat left on the train?!

A-HOLE PARENT:  We were in line too.

MRS. JARCY:  Yes, I know, you were behind me by about 3 people.  How did you get on this train before us?

A-HOLE PARENT:  From right there.  (A-Hole points to the roped off section he breached.)

MRS. JARCY:  Well we've been in line since before the last train left.  Have you been in line waiting since the last train left?  

(A-Hole Parent nods his head)

MRS. JARCY:  No you haven't.  Because I was here and you were not!

At this point some bum-rushers cracked under the pressure and relinquished their seats to the Jarcy clan.  It was at the very back of the train, right where I'm sure the rest of the line cheating train riders preferred us to be.  You'd think I'd be a little embarrassed over this experience.  I'm not.  And next time I will be fully prepared for this ridiculous behavior.  I'm learning that some well-off parents out here are the ones you gotta keep your eyes on.  If they're not stealing your baby's sand toys then they're stealing his train seat.  They'll be hauling off with my popular City Mini stroller in no time.

No comments: