Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Yoga, Dude. It's Like Woah!

I didn't nap.  Or watch "Cars" again.  (Per last post's declaration.)  Thank goodness.  Instead I got reacquainted with my yoga mat.  I had to clean layers of dust off it (it still looks like a trip through the  carwash would help immensely).  And since workout pants are the only clothes fitting my bottom half I might as well take that as a huge sign.  GET UP AND DO SOMETHING ACTIVE!  That was the sign I got just a few short hours ago.

Remember when I went through a 9-month yoga teacher training back in Chicago?  Yeah, it was forever ago.  2005-2006.  I remember having no time to devote to a personal practice and barely getting my required classwork completed.  I was so, so busy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If I had a weekend just devoted to yoga and meditation now I fear my head would explode from all that "Mrs. Jarcy" time.  I'm gonna have to do just that, get my head to explode.  The more explosions going on in my head the better!  I have way too much anxiety and worry that lives up there.  So yeah, blast away.

Part of my yoga re-acclimation involved listening to a podcast by Erich Schiffman.  He's a yoga teacher  I've been interested in and inspired by since I was in my late teens (approximately 200 years ago).  He teaches in Venice, CA and so today I checked online to see what he's been up to.  One thing he's been up to is posting podcasts from his teachings.  You HAVE to listen.  I love this guy--he sounds like Jeff Bridges as a yoga guru.  Remember The Dude from "The Big Lebowski?"  Yeah, imagine him as a master of yoga and meditation.  I loved it.  Some yoga masters are somewhat hard to follow.  Erich Schiffman is not one of them...

Erich Schiffman on meditation, dude

From now on when The Boy naps I will be doing my best to get back to the mat, listen to teachings from  Erich "The Dude" Schiffman and writing whatever is in my head so that it explodes.  That's what's going on here, folks.  

No comments: