Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Will Work For Target Gift Cards


The Boy is addicted to his new cars.  Yeah!  I bought him a three pack of cars from the movie "Cars" and he loves them.  He's never even seen "Cars," but we have a book that he has us read over and over (and over and over).  He especially loves to drive the cars all over his big buddha belly.  Tonight two of them wound up in the bath as well.  They're just too fun to put down while getting clean!  I still can't get over how much I enjoy buying him toys I hope he'll love.  Bubbles, cars, a parking garage for the cars, puzzles,  basketballs, soccer balls, rubber/spikey balls... I too am addicted.  I bring them home as offerings to the god.  "Do you like it, honey?  Did Mama get you the right kind of toy?"  Mama did real good with this car deal (the $5 Elmo video not as much).  

Alas, life is not just about spending endless amounts of money on your son's toy collection.  It's also about paying rent, buying groceries practically ever 45 minutes, hauling the cat off to the vet to shell out no less than $300 every six months, etc.  Blowing through all the money we had worked so hard to save is, well, hard!  So here I am, relatively new to being a mom, new to L.A. and now considering new work.  It's all a little new and by new I mean overwhelming.  I hope I can find something that I enjoy.  My last gig was having my own little business as a dog walker/pet sitter.  I really loved that but I don't think I want to do it out here, it's just not the same.  I'd throw my hat in for the Oprah talk show competition but I have a feeling others are applying for that position as well (like hundreds of thousands).       Steady, stable, secure...these are words never used when describing a job in the entertainment industry which is so so unfortunate!  Of course that's what I love...ah, brother.  I had my heart set on writing a book until I realized that I might spend more money writing it than actually making off it.  So I can write all I want but it would really help to earn money while doing so.

If you have a job for me, I'll gladly accept as long as it's not serving pie at a cafeteria-style restaurant.  I've already done that and don't wish to repeat the experience.  You'll also have to tolerate me sharing pictures of The Boy playing with all his toys.  And stories of what I did with The Boy on my day off.  Videos of The Boy dancing to Justin Bieber, "pictures" he drew with big fat crayons...

No comments: