Thursday, September 23, 2010

Holidays

A few things regarding holidays in October, November and December...

1.
I'm racking my brain trying to come up with a Halloween costume to dress The Boy in.  The trick is he can't know that he's wearing one.  He doesn't allow many clothing options as it is and I'm pretty sure a big fluffy bear outfit will send him over the edge.  Could I just scribble in dark eyebrows and a mustache while he's sleeps and be done with it?

2.
We're entertaining the idea of driving from LA to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.  Without small children the trip can take about 6 hours.  With small children it might take closer to 20 hours.  Are we crazy to do this?  We might all be sent over the edge as a result.

3.
We're entertaining the idea of flying home to Chicago for Christmas.  It will take 4 hours on a plane and who knows how long in an airport prior to flight.  It will also involve leaving the warmth and comforts of LA for the frigid temperatures of Chicago.  But my family will be there and I don't know if I can handle not seeing them at Christmas.  That will most certainly send me over an edge.

Lots of possible edges in the coming months...

2 comments:

Lois said...

Portable DVD player is a must for any long road trip. If the BOY is anything like K, then it will work WONDERS! Just after he turned 2 we drove back to NE for Christmas. I heard MOMMY this and MOMMY that about 1000 times before even getting out of the state of IL. I thought I was going to have a panic attack.
Soooo, while in NE we purchased a portable DVD player - it was beautiful sweet travelling silence on the way back. The only time we heard from him was when the DVD needed to be changed!

Jenny said...

Definitely do the Phoenix trip if you're backed up with family when you get there. It's worth the hassle of the trip to let others watch the boy for a few days. Also, I've always been pleasantly surprised at how well they do in the car...though they never nap for long. Plus, no one can hear him or you screaming.