Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When Every Day Is A Holiday Of Sorts...

"Go ahead, honey, take a walk with your friends along the beach!  Don't mind us, we'll just be tossing The Boy up towards the heavens above.  We don't want you to worry so we'll wait until you're out of our line of sight to engage in this activity.  Have fun!"  Sigh.  

We had fun with our friends this weekend and it was a much needed break for our constant loop of stressors regarding things like income, health insurance and ridiculously expensive grocery store outings.  Most folks struggle to find time to spend with one another whereas the Jarcy clan might have the opposite issue.  We see each other a lot.  We also see that loop I mentioned above though so it's not always as enjoyable as one would like and is the reason I've taken on a serious meditation practice (it was either that or prescription meds).

But this weekend we said "F You!" to the loop and had some fun.  Thank goodness.

We went to Malibu on Saturday with our dear friends and their kids.  Everyone had a great time I think with the exception of my back.  My poor back wasn't slathered in sunscreen and is still cursing my name for that mishap.  What can I say?  I was too busy making sure Boy and Husband were protected with SPF 2000 to notice my own damn self.  Idiot woman!  Now poor back is in constant itch mode but it's also still fire engine red so it's a tough call as to whether I should get my nails back there and help it out.  Big time apologies, back!  

Sunday we...what did we do on Sunday?  Man, I have no idea right now.  Well maybe we spent that day with the constant loop because I can't recall anything and that was only a few days ago.  Yeesh.

Monday we went to the mall ("Hey, let's blow money since we worry about it so often!") and then met friends at a park in Beverly Hills (yes, it was as nice as you'd imagine a park to be in Beverly Hills to be) and then enjoyed a BBQ birthday party with friends.

So lots of friends for Labor Day weekend.  We drank, we ate, we played.  We made the most of this time and that's all you can do wherever you are, right?  Make the most of today.  Although now that I'm thinking about it I also dedicated a few hours to watching "Bachelor Pad" Monday night.  That was not really making the most of the day I'm afraid...    

No comments: