Monday, September 20, 2010

I Am Not To Be Trusted With A Tube Of Crescent Rolls. Ever.

No cabbage left behind!  I'm very proud of myself for this feat.  

More cabbage.

This time I just grilled it in a pan with oil and then added water, sugar and cider vinegar per a simple online recipe.  And when that seemed too bland to consume I doused the whole concoction with white wine which helped immensely.  I served it with a turkey kielbasa, crescent rolls and more white wine.  Mr. Jarcy managed to eat most of the kielbasa and I managed to eat most of the rolls.  There is still a small portion of the cabbage left.

I thought I had signed up for the community supported agriculture weekly but it turns out I goofed and signed up for the every other week pick up.  I think that was divine intervention.  Do you know how much time and energy is required to cook new recipes with never purchased produce?  A lot!  Last week I made no less than 6 dishes I haven't prepare before and now my brain is ready to rest.  I've been fantasizing about take out dinner options since 7 AM and just about anything will do.

I also wasn't prepared for what a carnivore I'd become from preparing more locally grown produce.  This doesn't seem correct, does it?  That is what's happened, however.  Chicken, turkey kielbasa, 2 lbs of ground beef... if I start talking about venison someone stop me!  My former "nearly vegetarian" self doesn't know what to think here.

No comments: