Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thank Goodness I Really Lived It Up Over The Years

Me and The Boss.


Last Saturday we hired babysitters (in the form of grandparents) and we had a night out on the town (home by 10 PM is now a night out).  It was my first time since moving to California.

Mrs. Jarcy, you've never been out at night in L.A.?  You've lived there almost an entire year!

I have been out at night and not just to buy stuff at Walgreen's or drive folks to the airport (although those are my main reasons to leave home past 7PM).  Mr. Jarcy and I went to dinner with some local friends once as well but we've never gotten the Chicago improv crew together for dinner and a bar outing.  So we did that with a small portion of the crew (we're lucky and have many friends here from Chicago).  

So how was it?

It was great!  And exhausting!  By 9 PM my eyes were drooping and my mouth was yawning every 35 seconds.  Between that and my wardrobe which screamed "I'm a stay-at-home-mother and this is all I have that fits and isn't stained!" I was in no danger of getting hit on.

Not like the days you used to work in bars and would actually get hit on, is it?

Nope.  Life is NOTHING like that now!

Do you miss that old life?

I miss socializing with others after the sun has gone down, yes.  And I miss some of our crazy antics like socializing until the sun would come us, yes.  But I missed The Boy!  I found myself talking about his new Tuesday school days.  Why in the world would my good friend from Chicago want to hear about his Tuesday school?!  I told her way too much.  If I had stayed out any longer I fear I would have gone through his whole pooping schedule.  Thank god for us both I left when I did.

I notice you didn't mention how you felt about no longer getting hit on.

You're right, I didn't.  I guess by not mentioning how I feel is clearly telling you how I feel.    

Got it.  

No comments: