Saturday, September 18, 2010

Update Update Sleep?

Cabbage Update 9/18/10:
You will all be happy to know I made something with the cabbage.  I made a runza.  It's usually a little pastry puff filled with meat, onions, cheese and cabbage.  Per my friend Lolo's instructions, I made one huge runza pastry and it was enough to feed four adults last night and two adults tonight.  The recipe required 4 cups of shredded cabbage.  After shredding 4 cups worth the cabbage was still the size of Texas. (What kind of magic grew this beast already?!)  So while our dinner guests brought super sweet and delicious scones as a host gift, we sent them home with a huge slice of cabbage.  It's safe to say we faired better in the trade.

The Fight Against Clutter Update 9/18/10:
We participated in our very first yard sale today.  I sold baby items at a ridiculously low price and sometimes tossed in freebies.  "Just take it, please!" I cried at the sight of a little clock radio I have no memory of buying in the first place.  I'm pretty sure I could have gotten more cash had I held out but this pregnant lady wanted so many of the items and it seemed more important for the goods to be put to use then haggle with her for ten more dollars.  I wasn't too happy, however, with all those who lifted items right from under my nose!  One minute I had 3 pairs of toddler shoes to sell and then next minute they had vanished.  Same with some little photo albums and gently-used shirts.  I kept telling myself it was fine if the items were gone because anything left was going to donation anyway. For some reason it's still not okay.

The Boy's Sleep Status Update 9/18/10:
The Boy has settled down in his crib (god willing!) for the night.  That means I need to prepare for slumber asap as well.  You still never know if you'll be getting a full night of uninterrupted blessed sleep or intermittent episodes of jarring sleep-like states.  If you don't have children or children younger than 19 months I am so sorry for you to read that statement.  It's true though (for us anyway).  And if I can just internalize my good friend's advice of "Just surrender to your new reality and you'll feel so much better!" then all will be good no matter what tonight brings.  This is the same friend who left my home last night with 3 lbs of cabbage and left a wonderful plate of scones in it's place.  Hey, can you make cabbage into scones?  Because I have at least 3 lbs left as well and I do so love scones...

No comments: