Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Budget Cut Booking

If you are a book in the Studio City branch of L.A.'s Public Library then you are enjoying A LOT of downtime.  You see, the library is never open.  And by never I mean never.

Mrs. Jarcy, surely the library is open regardless of budget constraints!  You must mean it's not open in the early mornings or late evenings.

No, I mean it is not open on Mondays.  Ever.  Some days it doesn't open until the afternoon and, apparently, is never open on weekends.  If you do arrive during the designated hours you better hope it's not an obscure holiday because it won't be open then either.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it might be closed when the school year hits.  It seems to be headed in that direction.  You know, the direction of extinction.  

I have never seen the inside of this library in spite of attempting to on four different occasions.  As a result, I am very familiar with the nearest Barnes & Noble.    

No comments: