Monday, August 2, 2010

Park Revisted

Yesterday I did the unthinkable...I took my son to the park.

I have enjoyed a lovely park sabbatical over the last few weeks but Mom Guilt set in and I had to take him.  Parks are interesting--sometimes you have an amazingly fun time and wonder why you don't go more often.  Other times you have a horrible time and wonder why you have to go ever.  This outing was one of those wonderful times, thankfully.  Just me and The Boy... and this concrete something that he's straddling.  



We also stumbled upon this abandoned bike/big wheel hybrid.  The Boy got a kick out of it for sure and I was thankful no bratty kid ran over to reclaim it.  It's safe to say a run-in with a bratty kid or uppity parent is directly linked to a park outing's success or failure.  Yes to success!  Unbelievably, I had nothing to complain about.     



Without one tantrum and but a brief pushing of a little girl (it was a tap really), we moved on and walked along some of the houses across from the park.  We explored sprinkler heads and tiny flowers and grass and an entire lawn decorated in colored glass pieces.  Yes, fun was had by Boy and Mama.  We even left without someone stealing the replacement sand toys.  It was as if the park knew we had been staying away and was doing it's best to lure us back.  Okay park, fine, we'll be back sooner rather than later next time.  Now if a coffee cart began showing up as well we'd really be in business.  

No comments: