Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not In The Valley Anymore, Toto


We did it!  We got to Long Beach and back.  It was a success on many levels.  Now I know where to go when my friends come to port (provided it's in Long Beach!) on their cruise ship.  And I got to venture out of my comfort zone in the Valley and see another part of my new(ish) state.  And most importantly, The Boy LOVED all the fish, sea stars, sharks, rays, etc!  He stood in front of the tanks and soaked it all in for lengths of time.  He was so happy.  That means his Mama and Daddy are happy.  

I know it sounds odd that I'm all excited about driving 40 miles from my home to an aquarium.  I used to travel all over the place!  But then I moved away from my comfort zone WITH A BABY!  40 miles might as well be 400.  And in some ways you need just as much stuff with you.  But we did it and now can do it more.  

I now have my sights set on that 400...



No comments: