Sunday, August 29, 2010

Piglet Money Shot

Market Day, folks!  Time for us to stock up on locally grown produce and celebrity sightings.

A whole lotta famous folks today.  Kids, kooky outfits and kale in tow--it was a lot.  I won't reveal their identities here though because after being used as camouflage by some fledgling paparazzi I felt badly for them.  I was watching The Boy, The Husband and The Father-In-Law as they enjoyed the petting zoo when two goofballs carrying serious camera equipment came up behind me.  One was clearly showing the other the paparazzi ropes.

"You gotta be stealth like, man.  You gotta have that camera ready at all times.  And you can't let them see you. You're gonna have to switch the settings on your lens so that it doesn't close, man.  At any given moment you gotta be ready to take that shot.  Alright, there she is!  Quick, take it!"

Now I'm pretty good at spotting celebrities.  And I had just discreetly pointed out two well known actresses to Mr. Jarcy moments before these guys arrived on the scene.  But those actresses were now long gone and headed home to get ready for the Emmys award show tonight.  I had no idea who they were trying to immortalize in a money shot.  Grandparents?  Stay-at-home moms?  The baby animal wrangler/poop patrol dude?  I'm not sure these guys have much of a career ahead of them if they mistook one of the grandmas for Betty White.

Speaking of Betty White, have we had enough of her yet?  I love her too but I think it's time to give the ol' gal a rest.

 

No comments: