Monday, August 16, 2010

This Chapter Is Done

The Book-In-A-Week challenge is done.

You wrote an entire book in a week, Mrs. Jarcy?!  Congratulations!

Uh, no, I didn't finish writing an entire book.  I didn't even come close.  I did, however, write 52 pages of stuff.

PAUSE FOR JUDGEY SILENCE

Stuff?

Yeah, all kinds of stories from my life I guess.  I wrote them out.  It was kind of like hardcore journaling for a week straight.

PAUSE FOR JUDGEY SILENCE

I see.

PAUSE FOR INNER TURMOIL OVER JUDGEY SILENCE

Hey!  Don't be disappointed in me, I did a lot of writing!  Maybe that was the whole point--simply spending time on myself and purging lingering resentments and pains so I can move on and create the next best novel/self-help book/screenplay!  Don't judge it.  You gotta start somewhere.  So I'm gonna be proud of my week and now just keep building on it!

Tell that to yourself, Mrs. Jarcy, you're the one who I really am, after all.

I just did.

No comments: