Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pooped Toddler

Oh joy!  I've just put The Boy down for an afternoon nap (yes, he's napping!) and upon my routine checking in (the monitor doesn't tell me if he's dead or merely sleeping) I find out he has pooped his pants.

He has pooped and is asleep.  What to do, what to do?!

I hate when this happens!  I try to prevent this scenario at all costs.  Even though he was rubbing his eyes and begging for a nap behaviorally (in the form of being a complete maniac) he also needed to poop and I didn't pick up on that part.  If he would SAY the word "poop" or anything remotely similar to tip me off we could avoid this in the future.  Or even summon me with a "mama!"  I could attempt to teach him how to sign the word "poop" but then I'd have to watch the monitor even more closely than I do already to spy him doing it.  Was that the sign for poop or the sign for milk?  Oh wait, I think he just had an itch on his chin.  AH!            

Whatever you are doing right now (meaning before and/or after reading this post) I'm guessing it is in no way similar to what I've written about here.

No comments: