Monday, August 9, 2010

We interrupt this week of regularly scheduled blog posts to share something...

I'm writing a book this week.

I'm sorry, did you say you're writing a book this week?!  Who are you???  Perhaps you meant to say you're reading a few chapters from a book when you have time and those chapters are intended for one who reads at a third grade level.  Is that what you meant?

Nope.  I'm writing a book.  In a week.  It's a challenge.

I gave $3 to an online writing group and committed myself to write ten pages of a book.  You have to write at least ten pages but there are many who write almost two hundred.  I only pledged to writing ten pages for the sake of the challenge but secretly I want to write an entire book.  I guess now its not such a secret.  Don't tell anyone and maybe it will stay a secret.  Besides, nobody will care anyway.  HAHA, suckers*!  Try selling THAT secret to Perez Hilton!  

I can say with pride that at 1:43 PM today--the first day of the challenge-- I have just completed 10.3 pages.  I did it.  I met my goal for the week in just half a day.  It's amazing what one can accomplish when one is not toiling away the hours at Target.

So that's it.  I'm very busy this week.  Writing a book.  We'll see what it's about some time next Monday morning.  Until then, you'll have pics of The Boy posted which is really all you suckers* care about anyway.

*Suckers = folks I love dearly even if by chance we've yet to meet.

No comments: