Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rich Girl

Are you ever stressed?  

I never like to assume anyone else experiences this mixture of toxic emotions like I do.  In fact, I'm really good at assuming everyone else is more put together, more "normal."  "Boy, that Mrs. Jarcy, she sure is a downer!  Always so anxious and worried.  What--like having a child, paying billions for COBRA and making it in Hollywood is difficult?  Such a complainer that one!"  But that said, you must struggle from time to time with some level of unpleasant feelings so I am going to share with you my latest cure-all in the battle against stress.  It's very simple--

The song "Rich Girl" by Hall & Oates

I know this is weird but hear me out.  One day recently and seemingly out of nowhere "Rich Girl" affixed itself to my brain (or was it my soul?) and I could not shake it.  Usually I fight the song because, well, it's really uncool.  But I'm already so darn uncool (using the word "darn" is an example) so I bought it on iTunes and listened.  And I really, really, really liked it.  I felt happy.  Upbeat.  Less stressed.  

The song "Rich Girl" by Hall & Oates combats stress.  

Then I bought "The Very Best Of Darryl Hall & John Oates" and my life has forever been changed as a result.  Why?  Because it is impossible to feel any form of negative emotion while listening to these songs.  IMPOSSIBLE!  Just try moping about on your couch while "You Make My Dreams" blasts in the background.  Go ahead, I dare you!  Those Hall & Oates boys will make you feel so light and airy with their magical melodies you'll wonder why they aren't recognized by mental health professionals for their therapeutic powers.  

Feeling stressed?  I get stressed.  Listen to the song "Rich Girl" by Darryl Hall & John Oates.  Do it over and over again until you know all the words by heart and recognize that a song about a rich girl who can't feel pain and lives off her daddy's money has nothing to do with you but, damn, it feels good to listen to it.  It will change your life.

* This is not a paid endorsement but I am always open to making money (refer to COBRA comment above).

No comments: